Thursday, March 23, 2006

Another Year

Forty three.
I have noticed, regardless of intent,
not much seems new
to me.
My daughter, twenty one months,
delights daily, nay hourly
in discovery.
Forty three.
Its a station nowhere. A pre-midlife mellow
wearing halcyon shields of securities illusions.
My setting foundations a little weathered,
I view youthful indiscretions
with just a peak over Conspirators Hill.
I suffer helpless desk attendants
with no power no responsibility no initiative.

I love it when Bryanna (twenty one of months)
visits upon me her unaffected affections
when Bradin (thirteen of weeks) of throaty laughs
peals away my hard found ernsthaftness.
Today
A heart shaped felt and fluorescent feathered card
guided glued and gifted by mother and daughter
A chocolate muffin with a Pooh candle
The first ever blown out by Bryanna
A handclapped chorus of happy birthday
Forty three
En famille
Multum in parvo

4 Comments:

Blogger (c) sleight of mind 2006 said...

Happy birthday for yesterday 43 year old!

Like the poem, very nice, can relate to much of it. Especially like "helpLESS desk attendants"

Keep on writing.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Crunchy Weta said...

Thanx Leigh, will do :-) Your another day still lingers, the structure is soo strong and flowing.

Friday, March 24, 2006 4:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Friday, May 19, 2006 1:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Friday, May 19, 2006 3:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home