Monday, February 26, 2007

Fat Hairy Man At The Beach

Hefting my carriage
From the seas salt laden sanctuary
My Dayself as exposed
As the eternal shadows
Cast on Hiroshima's walls
I know I am not enlightened.

My Nightself - my eyes
Bow uncomfortably
'Neath beauty's harsh light
Seeking Bolle-yellow relief.

How many comments, and looks,
Slid over me
Before I began to care
Blinded and bound by conformity's rack.

Under night's majesty and grace
I forget myself
Dancing with naked joy
My phoenix risen
I taste the stars
Letting the universe breathe me in.

O Dayself, forget the light.
O Universe, breathe me in.
Breathe me in.
Universe.
Breathe

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ozymandiaz said...

Me thinks
In sweltering light
As girth perspires
It is no wonder why
It is not until the cool dry of eve
That the universe waits to inhale

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 5:55:00 AM  
Blogger White Square said...

Hi Glenn,
I know I am not enlightened but still I would say a few words for you this beautiful poem...
very profound and vast on scale...seeking eternal answers!!

Cheers!

Friday, March 02, 2007 2:24:00 AM  
Blogger Word Catalyst Magazine said...

Aha! Payback at last...talking about the beach when I'm sitting here under 3 feet of snow. I told you you'd get the chance! Great poem. Be who you are wherever you are and be happy you ARE!

Saturday, March 03, 2007 3:03:00 PM  
Blogger HL said...

Excellent poem, but I can't help thinking housemouse..., it depends,
The trouble with the March Weather

might be a Fibonacci "Spring Blizzard" sequence

pure white
........upside down
.............inside out snow blind
godless spiraling outside storm ........confusion.

Monday, March 05, 2007 2:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home