Friday, March 24, 2006

J'accuse I

Literature is a vehicle of moral principles. Literary expressions are art and moral principles are substance. if one is earnest about substance, and writes it down with art, it will be beautiful and loved...Those who are engaged purely in literary expressions are vulgar people.
From T'ung-shu (Penetrating the Book of Changes) Chou Tun-I (1017-1073)

I accuse myself of
at times
wallowing in the broth and fubbles
of wordplay.

I have committed art
without depth
of suffering despair love
and emotion.

I have massageed my ego
in jets
of flotsam and intellect.
aqueous humour

I sentence myself
for pretence
and shrouding my feint soul
from revelation.

Not yet may I write the right
or lay claim to moral principle
to greater being supplicate
my beating heart be still.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger (c) sleight of mind 2006 said...

This is great poetry! :)

Friday, March 24, 2006 11:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Friday, May 19, 2006 1:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home