Monday, September 18, 2006

Late Home From The Party.

Call me a skeptic
but I was untouched
by your dramatic performance.

Untouched too
by the toxic bile
masquerading as truth
you disengorged
from that grotesque crevice
between your bitter lips...

...lips that once softened hardness
and ravaged mortal dreams.

Call me a skeptic,
but I was never aware
that nagging vanities
are cause for an affair.



(Poem had to include the words toxic, aware, ravaged, dramatic and skeptic)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ozymandiaz said...

It really depends of who's vanaties we speak. Fore some...

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 8:39:00 AM  
Blogger rch said...

Wow this one is very powerful, I love the imagery here. Sometimes I find it easier to write when I have a subject or challenge to incorporate. Great writing Glenn!

Bob

Sunday, September 24, 2006 6:58:00 AM  
Blogger Arson H. Waterwood said...

Quite a nice accomplishment. But can you make a sestina with them? I'd challenge you, but for fear of the challenge being thrown back at me, I'll play it safe, and won't.

But as a piece initself - I did like it. Very nice.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 11:42:00 PM  
Blogger katy said...

"Call me a skeptic
but I was untouched
by your dramatic performance."

won me over in three lines. and though it mightn't be right, i imagined it in an arthur dent sort of intonation and tone... refined & educated, yet whiney.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 6:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home