Monday, March 27, 2006

A walk in the remnants of a cyclone.

The universe has never separated itself from man. Man separates himself from the universe." Lu Hsiang-shan (1139 - 1193) from Hsiang-shan Ch'uan-chi.

You may have seen me today.
I was the one walking in the wind and rain
without a coat, feet bare, smiling.
Smiling
Head held high in a windy cocoon,
thoughts stripped from my mind
and teased through my hair.
The first impertinent drop
quickened the high bone beneath my eye.
Upon arriving at the old speaker now dressed as a letterbox
feet spattered in gritty gravity defying rills
and hesitant beads establishing a trail
in the slack 'tween collar and back,
I was discharged from the custody
of my warm walled box
where I bide and abide
till the day I am died.

Today I was verily touched.
Touched
by old cold waters, sprung from the first
passed among the stars
and settled on Earth
Waters passed by Buddha and Christ
demons and dragons,dinosaurs, mice
toads and witches, queens and princes.

I could've driven to get the milk.

2 Comments:

Blogger (c) sleight of mind 2006 said...

Hmm nice, love the links, much show Nicholas!

Monday, March 27, 2006 11:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Friday, May 19, 2006 3:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home