Saturday, June 03, 2006

Three Colours: White: Older and Colder.

Fly little mountain flake, be free
Wander amongst raindrops and mountain tops
For this is your dream.

I have seen light sparkle, soul reflected
From a perfect crystal
As you fluttered and twirled your path along.

Oh why, why, white fairy
Did you so gently alight upon my cheek
Knowing the fate my warmth would bring

...Before you roll down my face, a tear,
Dearest little water star,
go free......





Beneath
white lies
snow covered truth
loves cold granite heart
the cries of melting snow
the burning moment of eternal sun



What happens
When the moon dont shine no more
Silence sleeping slowly, drift on the earth.
Rainfalls once too much bursts sown seeds
Dreamtime ever ebbing on the other side, halts.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Crunchy Weta said...

After red I had to do white and blue next- just because I was reminded of one of my favourite films (well a trilogy of films) Three colours (red white and blue).
These movies are poetry.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 5:07:00 AM  
Blogger White Square said...

Hi,
loved reading it..the burning moment of eternal sun...very profound..

Saturday, June 03, 2006 4:50:00 PM  
Blogger Yasmin Waring said...

you reference kieslowski's trilogy, but what's ironic is that both your red and white poems also blend images that remind me of his TEN COMMANDMENTS (not sure if that is the verbatim title; his interp of the, well, ten commandments); especially your "white cold"; I'm reminded of, THOU SHALT NOT COVET in the series (i think that's the one); where the father loses his son--his son goes skating on thin ice, testing dad's scientific theories, and drowns; it's amazing...it parallels your poem so well...gotta think more though about which one your red hell reminds me of...i'll letcha know...

Sunday, June 04, 2006 12:35:00 PM  
Blogger Crunchy Weta said...

Hi Abhay, Glad you enjoyed it :-)
Hi Yasmin, I'll have to make a point of viewing that one - any resemblance is pure serendipity. if its anything like Three Colours I'll be a devotee! Cheers.

Monday, June 05, 2006 4:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home